Assistant to the Editor
The Assistant to the Editor helps in all stages of the publication process for books and other learning materials.
- Assists in coordinating with authors, coordinators, outsource persons (editors, evaluators, layout artists, illustrators, among others), including other external and internal customers to keep with the production timetable
- Monitors files, documents, manuscripts, and other pertinent materials to ensure smooth workflow
- Assists in executing some editorial-production processes to hasten production
- Does physical checking, copyreading, and proofreading
- Performs other tasks that may be assigned from time to time