- Since the nature of the subject is teaching values with the goal of making the learners eventually internalize and practice the values, this series follows the process of going through the five macro skills: pag-unawa (understanding), pagninilay (reflecting), pagsangguni (consulting), pagpapasya (decision making), and pagkilos (performing/acting).
- The lessons in the series effectively use these five macro skills to enable the learners to eventually develop desirable attitudes and habits, for them to grow in their capacity and personal commitment to do their best, to do what is the good, and to lead a more meaningful and integrated human experience.
- As our young Filipino learners go through the lessons in the series, they will hopefully learn:
- pagpapakatao at pagiging kasapi ng pamilya (becoming human and family responsibility);
- pakikipagkapwa (treating others as fellow human beings);
- pagmamahal sa bansa at pakikibahagi sa pandaigdigang pagkakaisa (love of country and global solidarity); and
- pagkamaka-Diyos at preperensya sa kabutihan (love for God and preference for the good).
- The series envisions young persons who are committed to self-fulfillment, family-centered, disciplined and self-reliant, socially mature and emotionally stable, nationalistic and responsible citizens, and God-loving and deeply rooted in their faith in God.
- Character Formation for Nation Building series supports the national education goal—to provide a well-rounded education that will assist each individual in his or her society and help the individual attain his or her potential as a human being, and to enhance the range and quality of the individuals within the group.