- Reading Network Nursery, Kindergarten 1, and Kindergarten 2 First Edition K to 12
- Train learners to become literate in the English language!
The worktext is designed to help young English language learners to acquire the skills necessary to get used to the English alphabet and other accompanying rudiments toward beginning literacy.
- The series helps the learners to:
- Recognize and name the letters of the alphabet
- Associate letters with their sounds
- Print uppercase and lowercase letters
- Match identical objects, colors, shapes, and symbols
- Differentiate left from right
- Recite the days of the week
- Recite the months of the year
- Recall details in a story
- Sequence events Predict outcomes
- Make inferences
- Draw conclusions by evaluating facts presented Carry out simple tasks
- Form new words using beginning and ending consonant blends
- Identify different consonant blends
- Spell words correctly
- Answer “why” questions
- Read words accurately Associate words with pictures
- Form new words while decoding beginning and ending consonant digraphs, sound patterns of word families, vowel teams, and y as a consonant and a vowel
- The series provides activities and tests that lead to mastery. The results should signal the teacher of the pupils’ ability in beginning literacy.